An Airless Bottle is a non-pressurized vacuum dispensing system which utilize a mechanical pump in a bottle. Once the bottle is filled, the material stored inside the bottle is preserved and maintain its integrity until used up.
Using a conventional pump bottle, when the content in bottle gets low, the common practice is to remove the pump and try to get the remaining material out with the use of a spatula type of tool. With the repeat opening of the pump and expose the content to air, some product will end up being oxidized and lose its effectiveness.
With the airless bottles, the material inside the bottles will be able to dispense completely which will not require the opening of the pump and therefore the integrity of the content can remain stable all throughout its use.
Additional advantage of using an airless bottle -
1. Use less or no chemical preservative.
2. Allow the organic and natural purpose really hit home and deliver to the user.
3. The bottle does not need to be sitting up right to pump the content out. In the event of traveling or artist in the field, the content can be dispensed immediately upon removing from storage without waiting for the content to shift and settle to the bottom.
4. The content in the bottle will hold a longer shelf life when it does not come in contact with air.
5. Love the product you have such as foundation and moisturizer but the packaging does not come with a pump. Simply transfer the product into an airless bottle for easy dispensing application.
Here are some of the commonly asked question -
Q: Can I refill the bottle?
A: It will depend on the structure of the bottle. Some of the airless bottles are not refillable. Once the content is filled at the factory and sealed, the bottle is disposed upon emptying. Some are refillable. Once the bottle is empty, utilizing a sanitized stick type of tool, push the disc all the way down to the bottom and refill. A word of caution, only refill if you believe you are able to properly sanitize the bottle and re-purpose.
Q: How do I know if my product is suitable for the airless bottle?
A: Due to different make up of material, consistency, ph and other factors, the only way to find the answer is to perform proper fitness test. Fitness test is a must prior to production to ensure successful in product launch.
Q: How do I fill the bottle?
A: For larger production, the filling process is usually done by machine. If you are filling it by hand, make sure there is no air in the bottle as it will prevent the bottle working correctly. There are many YouTube videos you can view to learn about the filling process. Generally after a few practice, you should have no problem with filling the bottle.
Airless bottles are available in different size and packaging. Here are some of the examples,