An Airless Pump Bottle is a non-pressurized vacuum dispensing system that utilizes a mechanical pump in a bottle. As you push down on the pump, the disc in the bottle rises to push the product out of the pump. Once the bottle is filled, the material stored inside the bottle is preserved and maintained its integrity until used up. Airless packaging will help increase the shelf life of the final product.
Using a conventional pump bottle, when the content in the bottle gets low, the tube in the bottle will no longer be able to pull the products to the pump, so the common practice is to remove the pump and try to get the remaining material out with the use of a spatula type of tool. With the repeated opening of the pump and exposing the content to air, some products will become oxidized and lose their effectiveness.
With the airless bottles, the material inside the bottles will be able to dispense completely, which will not require the pump's opening. Therefore, the integrity of the content can remain stable throughout its use.
Some additional advantages of using an airless bottle -
1. Being able to use less or no chemical preservatives.
2. Allow the organic and natural purpose hit home and deliver to the user.
3. The bottle does not need to sit upright to pump the content out. In the event of traveling or an artist in the field, the content can be dispensed immediately upon removal from storage without waiting for the content to shift and settle to the bottom.
4. The content in the bottle will hold a longer shelf life when it does not come in contact with air.
5. Love your product, such as foundation and moisturizer, but the packaging does not come with a pump. Simply transfer the product into an airless bottle for easy dispensing application.
Here are some of the commonly asked questions -
Q: Can I refill the bottle?
A: It will depend on the design of the bottle. Some of the airless bottles are not refillable. Once the content is filled at the factory and sealed, the bottle is disposed of upon emptying. Some are refillable. Once the bottle is empty, utilizing a sanitized stick type of tool, push the disc down to the bottom and refill. A word of caution only fills the bottle if you believe you can adequately sanitize it and re-purpose it.
Q: How do I know if my product suits the airless bottle?
A: Due to different ingredients, consistency, pH, and other factors, the only way to find the answer is to perform a proper fitness test. A fitness test is a must before production to ensure success in a product launch.
Q: How do I fill the bottle?
A: For more significant production, the filling process is usually done by machine. If you are filling it by hand, make sure there is no air in the bottle, as it will prevent the bottle from working correctly. There are many YouTube videos you can view to learn about the filling process. Generally, after a few practices, you should have no problem filling the bottle.
Airless pump bottles are available in different sizes and packaging. Here are some of the examples.
30 ml (Bottle)
30 ml (Jar)